A huge part of detoxifying our home and our bodies began with switching out our toxic skin, hair, cleaning, and body care products with safe, non-toxic alternatives. After years of research on companies and products, and trying 100’s of different brands, I stumbled upon Young Living for their oils at first, but then discovered they had everything I needed to switch out all of our toxic laden products with safe alternatives.
Young Living owns their own farms and works closely with their partner farms to ensure a better than organic crop, distilled under optimal conditions, to produce the purest, most potent, essential oils available. All of their cleaning, skin, hair, and body care products, including make-up, a baby line, a line for kids, the best skin care, as well as 100’s of essential oils, are free from toxic ingredients and are infused with essential oils which have profound emotional and physical effects on the body.
We have switched over all of our products to Young Living products which arrive monthly on our doorstep (an optional monthly subscription completely customized each month by me). While you can start with just one oil, with just Thieves cleaner, with just Savvy Minerals make-up, the most cost effective and life-changing way to start is by purchasing a premium starter kit, that comes with a wholesale membership (24% off everything always), and enrolling in the monthly Essential Rewards subscription to reap the rewards of points back for free products as well as tons of free oils each month. From laundry detergent, to dish soap, to make-up, to face wash and moisturizer, we get it all through Young Living.
Click the tab below to get started with essential oils and I’ll be your personal mentor in learning to use them!
Want to chat with me about the different ways to get started? Click here email@example.com to email me to schedule a meet up! Want to learn more? Keep reading! For written steps to order, scroll down to the bottom!
What are Essential Oils?
They are the most powerful part of the plant. They are distilled from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, fruit, rinds, resins, and herbs. They are made up of very small molecules which are lipid soluble so they can enter our cells and cross the blood brain barrier. They are taken by the bloodstream and carried to every cell in the entire body within minutes. They have an extremely high antioxidant capacity and therefore they neutralize free radicals.
Essential oils are taken by the bloodstream and carried to every cell within the entire body in a matter of minutes. Tests have shown essential oils reach the heart, liver, and thyroid in 3 seconds when inhaled, and they were found in the bloodstream, in 26 seconds when applied topically.
In humans they provide support for every body system: digestive system, skeletal system, muscular system, circulatory system, endocrine system and your hormones, respiratory system, and the immune system. They support brain health and a healthy weight. They are used extensively for emotions. This is because our sense of smell is estimated to be 10,000 times more acute than our other senses and sensitive to some 10,000 chemical compounds. Once registered, scent travels faster to the brain than either sight or sound.
How do they work?
When we inhale the fragrance of an essential oil, the odor molecules travel up the nose where they’re registered by the nerves of the olfactory membranes in the nose lining. The odor molecules stimulate this lining of nerve cells and trigger electrical impulses to the olfactory bulb in the brain. The olfactory bulb then transmits the impulses to the amygdala – where emotional memories are stored – and to other parts of the limbic system of the brain.
Because the limbic system is directly connected to those parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance, essential oils can have profound physiological and psychological effects. Olfactory responses to odors induce the brain to stimulate the release of hormones and neurochemicals that in turn alter the body’s physiology and behavior.
The limbic lobe is a group of brain structures situated directly below the cerebral cortex of the brain and includes the hippocampus and the amygdala. It’s capable of directly activating the hypothalamus – often referred to as the “master gland.” This gland is one of the most important parts of the brain and acts as the hormonal control center. The hypothalamus releases hormones that can affect everything from sex drive to energy levels. The production of growth hormones, sex hormones, thyroid hormones, and neurotransmitters such as serotonin, are all governed by the hypothalamus.
Because of their fragrance and unique molecular structure, essential oils can directly stimulate the limbic lobe and the hypothalamus. Inhalation of essential oils can be used to alleviate stress and emotional trauma. They can also be used to stimulate the production of hormones from the hypothalamus. This stimulation may increase production of thyroid hormones (our energy hormone) and growth hormones (our youth and longevity hormone).
The only way to stimulate this gland is with fragrance or through the sense of smell. In other words – the emotional brain responds only to smell and not to words that are read, spoken, heard, or felt by Braille. Our sense of smell links directly to emotional states and behaviors often stored since childhood.
The Emotional Brain Responds Only to Smell
Forgotten memories and suppressed emotions can wreak havoc in our lives; often being the cause of depression, anxiety, and fears. Essential oils can help us surface and release these emotions wherever they are stored in the body or energy field.
The area of the brain known as the amygdala plays a major role in storing and releasing emotional trauma. Smell is the only one of the five physical senses that is directly linked to the limbic lobe of the brain – our emotional control center. Anxiety, depression, fear, anger, and joy all physically originate from this region. Essential oils enable us to access stored or forgotten memories and suppressed emotions so that we can acknowledge and integrate or release them.
When we feel better, sleep better, feel less stressed and more emotionally balanced, we treat ourselves better, feed ourselves better, have more energy for our children and family, our jobs, our workouts, etc.
There are 4 categories of essential oils:
- Grade A is therapeutic, made from organically grown plants and distilled at low temperatures
- Grade B oils are food grade, but may contain synthetics, pesticides, fertilizers, chemical extenders, or carrier oils
- Grade C oils are perfume grade oils that often contain adulterating chemicals. They usually use solvents, for example hexane, to gain a higher yield of oil per harvest. Solvents can be cancerous, and are in many store bought oils. They may also be diluted 80-95% with alcohol
- Grade D is called floral water, which is aromatic only and is usually a byproduct of Grade A distillation. After all the oil is pulled out, the leftover trash water is sold to companies which will fill 5 percent of the bottle with this and fill the rest with carriers and label it pure.
Grade A is the only pure oil. The FDA only requires that 5% of a bottle contain essential oil in order to be labeled pure essential oil. And there is no regulation on how that 5% is grown/distilled. That means that the rest of the bottle contains who knows what.
Young Living oils are grade A, 100% pure, therapeutic grade oils. Which is why I only use and trust Young Living for my essential oils and essential oil infused products.
Why Young Living?
Seed to Seal = Unwavering Standards
Young Living only uses seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils. Young Living’s own experts partner with university researchers to evaluate the essential oil potential of their seeds. The seeds are selected for their ability to become plants with the highest possible levels of bioactive compounds.
Young Living employs responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods. As a company they are striving for zero carbon footprint within the next few years.
Seed to Seal (www.seadtoseal.com)
- SEED – Young Living researches plant species that offer the optimal therapeutic benefits, identify species with experts and document their source, and monitor the ongoing cultivation process to ensure the chosen plant species is used.
- CULTIVATE– Young Living’s farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to growing and perfecting their knowledge of soil preparation, balance of sun and water, responsible weed and pest control using essential oils and absolutely no pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides, and wild-craft harvesting ensures that stringent standards are met. They weed by hand, and for many plants, harvest by hand as well.
- DISTILL– They distill each oil on site, by gentle steam distillation, cold-pressing, or resin-tapping
- TEST– They test it throughout the process (from soil, to seed, to plant, to oil) to make sure it is at its purest and most potent state, then 3rd party test as well, to verify that international purity and potency standards are met and surpassed. Each oil is tested during various stages of distillation to determine the release of different plant constituents.
- BOTTLE–they then bottle this oil. All the equipment from seed to seal is either glass or stainless steel, because plastic would deteriorate causing the chemicals to leach, thus making the oil NOT pure. That goes for drinking oil, too, no drinking from plastic containers, make sure you are using a non-porous vessel like glass or stainless steel.
- Did you know that if you distill Cypress correctly and at the right temperature there are 288 naturally occurring therapeutic compounds! However, if the temperature is 10° too cool or 10° too hot, there are only 11! Another reason why it matters where your oils come from!
To guarantee consistent, verifiable quality, oils are tested in Young Living’s own internal labs, as well as in third-party facilities.
Young Living’s testing methods ensure that their oils meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the desired levels of natural bioactive compounds.
Young Living owns their own farms around the world, and they are completely open about their farming practices. They love their members to be a part of the seed plantings all the way to the harvest and distillation process. There are no pesticides or chemicals used on their farms, essential oils are used as natural pesticides/herbicides/fungicides. They have crews that hand pick weeds.
Young Living was started over 25 years ago and are the only company in the world that is not an oil broker. They own their own farms and distilleries, and have more than organic farming practices. In fact Young Living’s oils are so pure, you can ingest them, every batch is tested to be sure that it meets the highest standards. Young living uses its own internal labs, in addition to third party audits, to verify that international purity and potency standards are met and surpassed.
How Are Young Living Essential Oils Made?
It takes a great deal of work to produce a tiny amount of essential oil
- 60 thousand rose blossoms provide only 1 ounce of rose oil
- Lavender is abundant – 220 pounds will provide 7 pounds of oil
- Jasmine flowers must be picked by hand before the sun becomes hot on the very first day they open, thus making it one of the most expensive oils in the world. It takes 8 million hand-picked blossoms to produce 2.2 pounds of oil
- A sandalwood tree must be 30 years old and 30 feet high before it can be cut down for distillation
But a little goes a long way. Most oils are $10 to $30 a bottle. A 5 ml bottle contains about 90 drops, and a 15 ml bottle contains about 250 drops. Each application is 1-3 drops, meaning even a small bottle will get you 45 – 90 applications. Thieves cleaner is made of plants and costs less than $1.00 a bottle to make. You can’t even get that in the organic section of the grocery store. It replaces a multi-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, floor cleaner, etc.
There Are Three Ways to Use Young Living Essential Oils
Aromatically – Diffused – Diffusing or applying to hands and inhaling, brings the oils into your system within seconds. Every oil has aromatic benefits. For example diffusing lavender in the evenings and at night helps calm the body and get a good nights sleep. Calming oils relax and have a calming and harmonious effect on the body.
Topically – A couple drops is all it takes to see the amazing benefits of essential oils. You can dilute with a carrier oil, and apply.
Internally – You can also take the oils internally in a capsule, or a drop or two in a glass of water or tea. It’s a great way to support a healthy immune system, and maintain proper phbalance in the body. Internal usage can also aid in digestion, help suppress appetite, control cravings, support energy, release water retention, aid in lymphatic drainage, boost the immune system, and more
Where do I begin using Young Living Essential Oils?
Young Living has hundreds of essential oils to choose from. But for those who are new to the oil world, Young Living has compiled a Premium Starter Kit with 12 of the most popular essential oils. This kit is perfect to get started on your oily journey, and exactly what you need to have in your wellness arsenal. This starter kit also contains a diffuser, which acts as your natural air freshener, your home purifier, your wellness supporter, and your emotions calmer.
You can use these essential oils in 3 different ways – aromatically, topically, and internally (the vitality oils). Depending on where you’re needing support depends on how you can use them – and don’t worry, it’s not rocket science! For example, if you’re needing support for healthy breathing, apply over your chest and throat, and inhale directly. If you’re needing digestive support, take the vitality oils internally to get the oils directly into the stomach and intestinal area, or rub topically over the stomach. For skin support, apply on the desired areas. If you’re still confused on what to use and how, just reach out!
There are hundreds of uses for each essential oil in the starter kit, however, to give you an idea of some of their most popular uses, here’s a brief overview for you:
- Lavender: For restful sleep, healthy skin, emotional support, stress relief, seasonal comfort.
- Lemon: removing sticky residue, bright – healthy skin, mental clarity, mood boosting, immune boosting, detoxification support.
- Peppermint: For tummy/digestive support, alertness/concentration, healthy breathing, cooling the body, head tension, tense muscles.
- Frankincense: For healthy skin, emotional support, healthy cellular function, uplifting, grounding, immune boosting.
- DiGize: For all things tummy/digestion and bathroom support.
- Thieves: For healthy immunity, overall wellness, blend that is included in all Young Living’s cleaning products.
- Raven: For healthy breathing, comfort during winter months, before exercise, overall wellness.
- Panaway: For sore muscles, head tension, healthy skin.
- Citrus Fresh: For neutralizing odors, healthy skin, wellness support.
- Stress Away: For everyday stressors, emotional support, restful sleep, concentration.
- Peace and Calming: For everyday stressors, restful sleep, emotional support, attention
- Valor: Grounding, spinal alignment, courage, self-esteem, calming the nervous system, emotional support, everyday stressors
Avoid applying directly in the eyes and ears, only drink oils in glass or stainless steel containers, and avoid applying citrus oils like lemon to the skin if you’ll be out in the sun for a long period of time. If any of the oils feel too warm to the skin topically, dilute with a carrier oil like coconut, jojoba, or Young Living’s V6 oil. Dilute when using on small children or babies.
My passion and goal is to make one family, one home healthier at a time. The only way to start is kicking one chemical out at a time. One day at a time. Little by little. You can’t control all the places you are exposed, but you can control your own home.
I would love to help you learn to use Young Living essential oils and home products to help you slowly replace your toxic household items. It begins with a starter kit of oils, or home products.
Natural health and wellness is my passion. I would love to link arms with you to help you detoxify your home, and switch out your products.
How to Get Started with Young Living
Young Living offers a few ways to get started with their essential oils and clean and safe products. I will take you through all of the options below!
Premium Starter Kit with Diffuser ($165):
- Diffuser of Choice – Desert Mist, DewDrop, Rainstone, or Aria
- Premium Essential Oils Collection:
- Lavender 5-ml
- Peppermint Vitality 5-ml
- Lemon Vitality 5-ml
- Valor 5-ml
- Peace & Calming 5-ml
- Frankincense 5-ml
- Thieves Vitality 5-ml
- Citrus Fresh Vitality 5-ml
- Raven 5-ml
- DiGize Vitality™ 5-ml
- PanAway 5-ml
- Stress Away 5-ml
- 2 AromaGlide Roller Fitment
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier, 1 oz.
- Thieves Spray, 1 oz.
- 2 NingXia Red 2-oz. samples
- “Essential Oils at a Glance” Brochure
- Product Guide
- Essential Oil Display Tray
- Young Living Lifestyle Booklet
- Essential Oils Magazine
- Essential Edge News
KidScents Little Oilers Premium Starter Kit ($135):
- Feather the Owl Diffuser – diffuser, noise machine, nightlight
- Kidscents Geneyus 5 ml – for focus, concentration, and mental clarity
- Kidscents Owie 5 ml – for soothing owies
- Kidscents TummyGize 5 ml – for easing digestive disturbances
- Kidscents SniffleEase 5ml – for easing breathing and soothing congestion
- Kidscents SleeyIze 5ml – for restful sleep
- Two AromaGlide Roller Fitments
Welcome Home Premium Starter Kit ($125):
- Frankincense, 5 ml
- Lavender, 5 ml
- Peppermint, 5 ml
- Valor, 5 ml
- Grapefruit, 15 ml
- Lemon, 15 ml
- Lime, 15 ml
- Tangerine, 15 ml
- Wooden Vitality oil rack
- Young Living Lifestyle booklet
Thieves Premium Starter Kit ($125):
- Thieves 15-ml
- Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste
- Thieves Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash
- 2 Thieves Household Cleaner
- 2 Thieves Foaming Hand Soap
- 2 Thieves Spray
- 2 Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
- Essential Oil Magazine
The Ningxia Red Premium Starter Kit ($135):
- NingXia Red 2-pack
- 30 NingXia Red Singles (2 fl. oz. ea.)
- NingXia Nitro
- Essential Oil Magazine
CBD Premium Starter Kit (regular strength $165, extra-strength $250)
- Calm CBD Roll-On, 300 mg or 600 mg options
- Citrus CBD Oil, 500 mg or 1,000 mg options
- CBD Muscle Rub, 300 or 600 mg options
- Getting Started with CBD brochure
Basic Starter Kit includes ($35):
- Stress Away, 5 ml
- AromaGlide Roller Fitment
- Thieves Hand Sanitizer, 1 oz. sample
- Thieves Mints
- 2 NingXia Red, 2 oz. samples
- Essential Oils at a Glance flyer
- Discover Your Young Living Lifestyle booklet
How to order:
If the link doesn’t work simply go to www.youngliving.com, click “become a member”, when it asks if you were referred by a member, click yes, and enter 3136396 in the boxes for enroller and sponsor. By using my link and/or entering my member number you have my support, education, and guidance everyday! I will send you a welcome gift (just shoot me an email when you order so I know you are a part of my oil family!). I have private Facebook and Instagram education pages loaded with recipes, classes, and tons of information where you will be 100% supported in utilizing your kit and your natural arsenal for everything.
- Scroll down and click continue
- Select the kit you would like to start with
- If you’d like to start switching your products to clean and safe products and detoxifying your home little by little each month, or you’d like to try new products each month, and get $10 back in points for free products with your Premium Starter kit purchase, click yes for both questions on step 2 (optional). Scroll down for more information on Essential Rewards.
- Then click “customize monthly order” and add in whatever products or other oils, skin care, make-up, body care, hair care, cleaning, laundry, supplements, or essential oil products you’d like to try next month (you can change your next month’s order anytime).
- Scroll down and click “Next”
- Enter your personal information, select your shipping method, and checkout
- Your order will be shipped directly to you
Once you order, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know. I will add you to our private education pages on Facebook and Instagram, and send you recipes, resources, books, and tools to help you get started!
Email me at any time before, during, or after you order with any questions you may have!
What is Essential Rewards?
Essential Rewards (or ER for short) is Young Living’s monthly wellness box program that allows us to customize our own order each month (only a minimum of 50PV or $50 per month)! It’s free to sign up and free to cancel!
Each month we get points back with our order:
- 10% back in points for free products months 1 – 3
- 20% back in points for free products months 4 – 24
- 25% back in points for free products months 25+
We also get a free peppermint oil after 3 consecutive months ordering, a free Thieves after 6 consecutive months ordering, a free Tea Tree after 9 consecutive months ordering, and a free Loyalty oil after 12 consecutive months ordering! We also get free oils and free shipping each month depending on how much we order.
Instead of buying our toothpaste, hand soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, skin care, make-up, supplements, etc. elsewhere, we buy them through Young Living and get so many freebies along with better health for our whole family!!!
Upcoming Free Online Events
Essential Oils for the Bedroom – Friday, February 12th, 6:oopm PST click her to join – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87288191810?pwd=Y2YvcUFIZGphdjFhRW9IMzA2eGEvUT09
Understanding Essential Oils Zoom Class – Saturday, February 27th, 2:00pm PST click here to join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87288191810?pwd=Y2YvcUFIZGphdjFhRW9IMzA2eGEvUT09